Level of role Associate 1 (2-3 PQE)
Division - Real Estate
Location - London
We stand out for being consistently excellent in advice: we not only provide technical excellence and experience but crucially, we also demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. Our knowledge of our chosen sectors and markets, and our investment in our client relationships set us apart. We are a natural choice for FTSE100 and other "bold and beautiful" clients.
The Real Estate Division is one of Addleshaw Goddard's largest. Within the London office, the mainstream Real Estate team currently comprises seven partners and over 15 other fee earners. The Real Estate Group represents a formidable power-house in the UK. The group has the expertise and capacity to handle the largest and most complex transactions acting for institutional investors and entrepreneurs, national property developers and large corporates with extensive property portfolios. We place a high emphasis on our transactional expertise and are able to bring a commercial and business-oriented approach to a wide range of contentious and non-contentious property matters. Our Real Estate teams have advised on many high profile office, retail, leisure, development and regeneration schemes throughout the UK.
We have also worked alongside clients on high volume portfolio transactions. A key strength is our ability to provide all the relevant skills (mainstream real estate, corporate, structuring, tax, planning, construction, environment, property litigation) in one team.
The role will undertake a range of commercial property work including landlord and tenant, property management, sales and purchases, and working as a member of a couple of the firms principal client account teams.
You will handle your own matters (with supervision) and assist the Partners and Managing Associates on more complex matters. We have a strong reputation for providing Associates with early levels of responsibility within a supportive, stretching environment. This is a high performing, cohesive and busy team with excellent prospects for career development.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
· Excellent knowledge of commercial property and related law
· Experience in the drafting of property contracts, leases, reports and contract negotiation
· Experience of taking responsibility for running some aspects of property transactions
· A proven record of a high standard of client care for existing clients
· The ability to fit quickly into a team-based environment
· Demonstrates the ability to update and improve technical expertise on a regular basis
· Display a knowledge of key areas of the law by providing clear, precise, practical solution lead advice with appropriate levels of supervision
· Some experience, and an interest, in business development
The successful candidate will have:
· excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree
· clear understanding of the operation and structure of a top law firm
· ability to achieve continuous improvement and development
No agencies please