4 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
The Regulatory Group, is dedicated to advising both public and private clients on regulatory, disciplinary and public law matters.
The Group advises clients on policy, powers, and statutory interpretation; bringing and defending legal challenges including judicial reviews; and conducting, or assisting with public inquiries, inquests and investigations. Over recent years the inquiries and inquests practice has worked on the 7/7 inquests, the inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko, the Hillsborough inquests and the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Its work also includes supporting regulatory bodies in bringing prosecutions; preparing and presenting regulatory cases; providing training to Fitness to Practise panellists and regulatory committees on a variety of topics including decision reasoning, procedure, case law and avoiding judicial reviews; and drafting rules and regulations.
Due to a continued increase in workloads, particularly in our high profile inquiries and inquests practice, we have an excellent opportunity for a solicitor looking to develop their career. The successful candidate will be an experienced solicitor with some experience in public law and an interest in advising decision makers on complex investigations and inquests.
* Researching issues and drafting advice on public and administrative law issues, including on inquests and public inquiries.
* Working with factual witnesses and experts in relation to the preparation of their evidence.
* Instructing counsel and preparing materials for court hearings.
* Working in a team to source evidence for disclosure and applying redactions.
* Meeting with stakeholders.
* Drafting correspondence relating to a caseload.
Key Skills & Experience
* Experienced, qualified lawyer
* Proven experience gained in a variety of public law matters or managing a complex litigation caseload.
* Strong client care skills
* Marketing and business development experience
* Excellent academic record
* Experience of reviewing and redacting evidence using an electronic document database
* Experience of witness statement taking.
The successful applicant will need to be undergo a security clearance process. Those with existing clearance should please make this clear in their application