5 months ago
PSL Lawyer - Pensions
* Monitoring developments of law and practice and educating the practice. Creating know how and precedent materials and keeping up to date
* Developing know-how for the external market such as articles, press releases and chapters for books that help to build a strong market profile for Pensions
* Collecting precedents and other know-how from the group and managing know how resources
* Supporting the management and development of the firm's overall know how resources including across the EPI Global Hub (a work-in-progress)
* Using technical expertise and thought leadership to develop and implement business opportunities and offering ideas for forging new client relationships and developing existing ones
* Assisting with technical analysis and points of learning
* Co-ordinating junior lawyer training
* You may be asked to support the practice with chargeable work on occasion
Skills, experience and qualifications
* 2:1 at degree level
* We would usually require UK qualification.
* Experience at a similar level to that of a candidate for a fee earner position (5 years' PQE plus.)
* We would also consider strong senior associates who are looking to become PSLs.
* Experience in private practice is essential.
* Experience of pensions work is essential.
* Major City firm pensions experience is highly desirable.
* We would consider candidates looking at flexible working arrangements
Group / Team
Employment, pensions and incentives
Group / Team description
Pensions (within Employment, pensions and remuneration and incentives (EPI))
* Main areas covered | corporate, advisory and litigation aspects relating to pensions
* Key clients include | G4S | TimeWarner | TUI Travel | Pensions Insurance Corporation| Pension Protection Fund | Lloyds Banking Group
* Sector expertise includes | accountancy, professional and business services | infrastructure and transport | financial institutions | insurance and reinsurance | TMT
The Pensions group and the role
Our pensions group advises employers, trustees, financial institutions, intermediaries, Governmental bodies and bidders and sellers on all aspects of occupational and increasingly personal pension arrangements. We provide clients with both domestic and cross-border pensions expertise.
We provide a full range of legal services in relation to pension schemes, as well as providing specialist support on transactions, litigation and insolvency matters. These include:
* advising trustees, employers and scheme administrators on legal issues arising from the operation of schemes
* advising in relation to funding deficits in defined benefit schemes and difficulties arising from the increased costs of financing them
* advising on risk and volatility management through benefit design and insured solutions
* advising on pension scheme reorganisations, mergers and wind-ups
* advising professional and regulatory bodies
* advising on public/private sector pensions issues
* a substantial cross-departmental pensions disputes practice.
Legal professionals/Practice Group
Apply to job