Property Solicitor, Heart of East Sussex - Are you ready for a new challenge within a fast-paced legal firm who has an outstanding reputation. If you are looking in East Sussex then do not miss out, act now.
Position: 3+ years’ experience in being Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer
Location: Seaford, East Sussex
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Reward Recruitment is partnered with a leading law firm based in the South East, employing over 200 staff across their offices.
Personal Skills and attributes:
· At least 3-4 years’ experience in managing a full caseload of conveyancing matters.
· Additional experience in Wills and/Probate would be beneficial but is not essential.
· Working closely with the friendly team at the Seaford office and with the wider Property team
· Managing instructions from existing clients and dealing with new clients from introduction to matter conclusion.
· Excellent business development and networking skills are essential
· Building relationships with potential clients, contacts and referrers and developing the firm.
Key responsibilities include:
· To give estimates of costs to new clients, in conjunction with New Enquiries Team, as appropriate
· To take initial instructions for Sale and Purchase
· To open and progress matters in line with departmental procedures
· To undertake administrative work on matters including letter and form production and photocopying as required
· To liaise with clients, estate agents, mortgage lenders and solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
· To manage a range of residential property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
· To undertake any additional delegated tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
· To manage post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
· To manage post-completion work including stamping of documents, Registration and Scheduling of Deeds
· To maintain your own diary and handle matters arising, in liaison with other Legal Advisers
· To cover the property work of other Legal Advisers in their absence
· To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation
· To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
· To achieve agreed levels of time-recording (as appropriate)
· To provide support to other Legal Advisers and Assistants in the Property department as may be required
· To be able to undertake Wills and Probate work, or to be willing to develop the skills to undertake this work, alongside Property work
· To comply with lender panel and Conveyancing Qualify Scheme requirements
· To undertake any other tasks as may be required from time to time
· In liaison with Head of Department and other Partners, to be active in promoting the services of the firm and its image and ethos