• Property damage recoveries (Claimant work) typically over £150,000 in value and covering incidents involving a range of perils including fire, flood and escape of water;
• Public and product liability matters relating to property damage (Defendant work) of any value; and
• Policy coverage and fraud (advisory and Defendant work) on property damage matters, again of any value.
You will have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and client facing activities in order to build the business. This is an expanding business with good opportunities for career progression.
You will be able demonstrate a successful track record in the following areas:
• Acting for a number of large commercial / insurer clients in fast and multi-track property insurance litigation disputes. Ideally this experience will demonstrate a mixture of Claimant and Defendant (i.e. recovery and liability) work, also with some coverage and general advisory experience.
• Handling a varied workload in accordance with insurer client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision.
• The ability to exercise full compliance with Client and internal protocols for billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• The ability to meet and exceed a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hour per year.
• Excellent client care skills
• Commitment to personal and technical development with a view to the delivery of commercially focused legal services to the firm's clients.
• Supporting marketing and business development activities within the team.
• Building effective internal and external networks in order to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
• Maintaining an awareness of the firm's core strategies and aims.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
The ideal candidate should be:
• A qualified solicitor, CILEX or barrister with at least six months' relevant litigation experience.
• Commercially and financially astute.
• Technically excellent with an aptitude for accurately analysing and effectively resolving complex claims, to include seeking guidance where appropriate.
• Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day-to-day issues within the team's reporting and supervisory structure.
• Team-oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge and support other members of the team.
• Flexible, proactive and open to innovative working methods.
• IT literate, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate along with good company benefits and a great work environment.