9 months ago
To lead the delivery of projects to ensure that lawyers and support staff have the technology available to them to most effectively support our clients.
As ISS Project Manager you will be a key member of the ISS projects team, responsible for the end to end delivery and successful completion of projects in order to bring about change for the benefit of the firm.
This is a great opportunity for people who want to work in a leading global law firm, helping resolve the challenges that are being experienced day-to-day.
Example projects underway or in the pipeline include:
* Windows 10 deployment and transition to more mobile way of working.
* Introduction of new Time Recording technology.
* Data centre relocations, WIFI and Document Management System upgrades.
* Testing and implementation of innovative technologies, driving efficiency in client delivery (e.g. Artificial Intelligence).
* Office moves (including delivery of all information technology components.
* Internal application development.
All aspects of project management:
* Ensure project requirements are clearly understood and aligned with project objectives.
* Establish the project organisation, provide leadership and develop a team to achieve the objectives
* Facilitate the selection of project suppliers/resources
* Responsible for ensuring compliance to firm’s project process
* 1st point of escalation ad resolution for all project related risk/issues deriving from the project team, escalating to ISS Projects and Portfolio Manager as required
* Line management of resources in a project context (internal and external) ensuring; Performance, Project updates, Project health is managed in accordance with the Firms project process and professional standards.
* 1st point review and or creation for all project related documentation, Business Cases/PIDs/Reports/Change etc
* Management of project budget, including spend to date, forecast to close, FY accounting and changes
* Risk & Issue management, ability to identify, plan and take mitigating actions against of project threats and resolve problems in a dynamic, collaborative fashion
* Realistic planning – Ability to apply project logic and pragmatism to project plans (Quality, Budgets, Schedules)
* Resource planning, forecasting and estimation of effort required from others to meet your project objectives.
* Stakeholder Management– keeping others included, supporting and involved at all levels.
* Strong leader who has passion and drive to meet project Time Cost and Quality constraints and when challenged seeks trade offs and alternatives to ensure project success.
* A work ethic which sets an example to others
Training and Experience
* 3-5 years’ experience working within a project environment
* PRINCE 2 Practitioner and APM equivalent
* Budget control in a project environment
* Strong team leadership capability
* Able to set direction and make decisions
* Success and results-oriented
* Strong accountability
* Flexible and able to cope with changing priorities
* Can work under pressure and remain calm in such situations
* Inclusive style, good communicator at all levels
* Team player, and sensitive to team dynamics
* Clear thinking and tenacious in achieving objectives
* Not easily diverted or distracted
* Makes good decisions under pressure
* Good attention to detail and clarity of presentation (options, issues)
* Proactive – driving progress via self and others