9 months ago
CMS are looking for a Professional Support Assistant to provide organisational and administrative support to Professional Support teams across the firm
About the role
To provide a proactive and conscientious service in relation to:
• Supporting the PSL community in their day to day roles including:
• room bookings
• issuing invites and reminders
• AV set up on the day of training
• Establishing own administrative systems
• Efficiently managing own workload and being pro active with the ability to work on own initiative
• Compass loading and organisation as appropriate, liaison in obtaining and loading Know-how with fee earners particularly in teams without a PSL
• Utilise DDC where possible, liaise with style conversions and other DDC work.
• Becoming adept at proof reading and quality checks on all work produced
• Update standards and client precedents as requested by PSL’s
• Maintain updated records
• Carry through one set of amendments to several documents
• Maintain security settings as appropriate
• Building good working relationships with colleagues
• Establishing rapport with colleagues in the firm at all levels
• Maintenance of marketing materials on Compass
• Becoming Law Now administrator so as to format and issue as appropriate
• Assistance in projects and materials across the firm as agreed with the Head of Knowledge.
• Manage and prioritise workload across practice teams as agreed with Head of Knowledge.
Key Performance Indicators include:
• Proactively assisting PSL Teams across the firm, working with the International Business Support Lawyer and the Knowledge team.
• Well organised
• Strong attention to detail
• Becoming adept at using CMS Cameron McKenna systems and office equipment
• Becoming familiar with legal terminology used by practice areas
• Establishing own information systems, advocating the use of Compass
• Understanding firm’s culture and goals
• Quality of relationships with fee earners and clients
• Efficient prioritising of work to meet deadlines
• Accurate typing and formatting of documents
• Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication
• Establishing efficient and user-friendly information systems
• Contribution to team effectiveness
• Awareness of team’s whereabouts and commitments at all times
• Internal and external communications including briefing the PSL’s and partners face to face and over the telephone.
Qualifications & Experience
• Will have a strong organisational skills
• High level written and verbal skills
• Good IT skills
• Ideally having worked within law firms.
Skills & Knowledge
• Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Document management system (FileSite / WorkSite/ I-Manage desirable)
• Positive attitude with a practical, common sense approach; resilient
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Ability to deal effectively with demanding people
• Confident with excellent communication skills, ability to relate to people at all levels
• Ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm when working under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• Checking and cross checking standard form documents and changes
• General office systems
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Phoebe Napier, Recruitment Advisor for more information.