Private Client Associate, York
I am assisting a Legal 500 and highly regarded, regional practice in seeking a Private Client Solicitor or Legal Executive. This firm can offer you a competitive salary, flexible working and a high quality caseload.
- This firm operates from a network of offices ideally placed to attract regional clients.
- A number of its solicitors are recognised on a national level.
- The York office is situated in the centre of the city and is easily accessible via public transport links.
- A forward thinking practice that can offer flexible working options.
The firm is listed in the legal 500 in a range of practice areas and this private client team in particular is considered highly experienced. The private client team has a particular expertise in agriculture-related matters including complex tax planning and trust management.
You will have a varied caseload and provide advice on the following areas:
- Estate planning, to include Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax advice and Inheritance tax planning
- Agricultural Estate work including advising business owners
- Drafting wills, trusts and ancillary documents
- Administration of trusts
- Non-contentious probate and administration matters
- Elderly client affairs, to include welfare law, preparation of tax returns and general planning/
- Lasting Powers of Attorney/Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Act claims (but not litigation)
- Possible inclusion of residential property-related work, but not conveyancing.
To be suitable for this role you will have:
- A minimum of four years PQE in private client work
- Specific experience in Agricultural Estate work, Business Property, Estate planning
- Ideally, previous involvement in business development activities
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work on high quality, complex cases. Flexibility in working pattern/hours can be discussed; the firm operates a core working hours policy and is able to offer part time if required.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.