3 months ago
What started as a radical idea, that the world is our market, is now our reality. Our firm’s beginnings in New York in 1901 and subsequent global expansion instilled a commitment to excellence, a confidence and ambitious spirit that are now fundamental to our practice. Grounded in and being part of markets that matter has resulted in deep expertise and global knowledge that powers meaningful solutions for leading clients.
At White & Case, we believe that you learn by doing which is why mentorship is at the heart of our culture. You will help us translate our business strategy into imperatives that deliver on our 2020 vision of profitable growth, engaged people and outstanding client relationships We believe that profoundly transformative experiences enable us to grow together and are fundamental to achieving our ambitions.
We are serious about high performance. Fueled by collaborative excellence and trust in each other, our enterprising teams make an impact. Our diversity is represented not only by the people who make up our teams but by varied perspectives that empower innovative approaches to complex problems. We believe that pushing boundaries and seeking truths holds the potential for countless acts of ingenuity. Where others hesitate, we accelerate.
We are White & Case.
We are looking for a Practice Manager to join our London office, supporting our Disputes Practice. The role has recently been introduced and provides an exciting opportunity to play a key role in supporting the people strategy of the team. The role is heavily people focused, built on establishing strong working relationships with all key stakeholders.
You should have strong academic credentials and a genuine interest in Matter and Resource Management. Prior experience in Disputes and Investigations is necessary. You should also be ambitious and passionate about work, ready for the challenges of working in a global law firm, service-minded with strong interpersonal skills and able to work in a team.
We offer high-quality work, a competitive salary package and an opportunity to work as part of a truly global organization.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Ensuring the business needs is delivered in an efficient way through effective allocation of work for Trainees, Associates and Counsel.
• Responsible for monitoring activity levels (current and anticipated), capacity and matter staffing. Smoothing utilisation levels where required.
• Ensuring visibility and accessibility to all in order to gain a solid understanding of activity and capacity across the team.
• Ensuring work is aligned to associate development needs and interests where possible.
• Measuring effectiveness in terms of impact on business goals and behaviour change; monitoring and adjusting accordingly.
• Providing regular data reports, sharing insights on the impact of new practices with leadership and key stakeholders.
• Maintaining clear, effective lines of communication, keeping all stakeholders informed on initiatives, developments, business issues, and other critical topics.
• Support engagement initiatives.
• Implement and lead an ongoing internal communication plan for the practice.
• Work closely with the Human Resources/Professional Development Partners and HR Manager to ensure timely completion of the annual evaluation process.
• Liaison internally and externally on secondment arrangements in conjunction with HR.
• Assist with recruitment initiatives where required
• Liaison with trainee supervisors to monitor trainee performance and ensure range of work.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Prior experience in resource management, ideally within a large professional or corporate environment
• Prior experience in managing large document review projects in disputes and investigations, particularly involving financial institutions
• Strong commercial and business awareness
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
• Strong project management skills
• Client service focus
• Strong judgment
• Proactive, resourceful, takes initiative
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Persistence and resilience
• Able to drive change and transformation
• Persuasive and able to influence senior decision makers
• Strong IT skills
• Experience working with resource management software would be advantageous
Location & Reporting
• Location – London
• This role reports to the EMEA Regional Section Heads, Professional Development and Human Resources Partners.
: United Kingdom-London
: Firm Operations
: Nov 7, 2017, 5:23:42 PM