about 1 month ago
We are recruiting for a Practice Manager for a firm of solicitors on Merseyside.
Successful candidate MUST be costs/profit focused, efficient, organised, pro-active and conscientious.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
* Prepare fee earner and management monthly accounts reports including but not limited to Trial Balance, Balance sheet, P&L, Bills analysis, aged debts/disbs, new matters, no movement and matter balances.
* Liaise with fee earners and monitor their aged debts/disbs, matter balances and to provide support and training where necessary.
* Monitor and improve cost savings on all office expenditure
* Ensure that the firm complies with the current Money Laundering legislation and regulations.
* Aged debt collection
* Liaise with the firm's Bankers as required
* Liaise with the firm's Accountants as required and provide all information required for the preparation of the annual accounts and the conduct of the Solicitors Accounts Rules audit.
* To assist accounts department when required.
* Ensure that there are appropriate internal financial controls operating within the practice.
Human Resource Management
* Manage recruitment including identification of role vacancies, preparation of job descriptions, advertising and interviewing and assessing candidates.
* Manage all personnel files to include contracts, grievances, disciplinary and absences whilst ensuring appropriate cover at all times.
* Maintaining continuous professional development and training records.
* Ensuring compliance with Employment Law and Health & Safety Legislation.
IT, Office Administration & Premises Management
* Maintain appropriate insurance policies, including the renewal of the firm's indemnity insurance collecting all necessary data for proposal forms.
* Ensure telephones, printers; computers, faxes, copiers and other office machinery are all well maintained and appropriate for the needs of the practice.
* Renewal of Practising Certificate and Equality & Diversity report.
* Ensure firms Risk Management policy and risk register are up to date and effective.
* Ensure practice compliance with the Data Protection Act.
* Negotiate with suppliers to ensure that the practice obtains good value for the services it receives.
* Manage IT within practice, work closely with IT company to push forward the IT resources.
* Develop IT resources within practice including the progression of the accounts software.
* Day to day management of the firm's premises and equipment.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Overview of Desirable Qualities, Skills & Experience
* Prior experience as practice manager or equivalent role within a professional services firm/company.
* Confident and enthusiastic : prepared to put forward ideas and give constructive advice.
* Pays attention to detail : able to forensically analyse all assumptions
* Willing and able to work as part of a team whilst accepting individual responsibility and ownership of tasks.
* Experience in complying with Solicitors Accounts Rules, previous experience of COFA role.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.