4 months ago
About the team
PwC has a global team of Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) professionals who specialise in designing and delivering complex transformational programmes.
In the UK we have circa 120 professionals in the Portfolio and Programme Management (PPM) competency who help our clients design, deliver and realise the benefits of complex transformations across a variety of public and private sector organisations.
We are seeking a Director to join our Financial Services team to meet our growing demand in managed services.
As a PPM Managed Services Director in the Financial Services sector, you will be responsible for:
* Delivering PPM technical expertise with industry credibility to our clients ;
* Delivering large scale transformations, covering both business teams and IT, across the programme or project life-cycle with multiple workstreams;
* Designing, building and implementing Programme Management, PMO and Business Analyst managed service delivery using a distributed resource model;
* Managing distributed resource teams onshore, nearshore and offshore, and taking responsibility for delivery risk and quality;
* Supporting business development for the PPM practice, identifying and addressing sales and further deployment opportunities; and
* Playing a key internal leadership role in developing our people and supporting the growth of managed services in the Finance sector.
Required skills & experience
* Experience in managing geographically dispersed teams with confidence and awareness of cultural backgrounds and sensitivities;
* Experience in leading large managed services contracts and managing multiple project managers;
* Demonstrable evidence of portfolio and project management delivery, utilising recognised PPM tools within the Financial Services sector;
* Formally certified practitioner in an industry recognised delivery methodology such as PRINCE 2, PMP, MSP, P3O, PMI qualification;
* Demonstrable commercial acumen and business awareness, particularly in the Financial Services sector;
* Track record of senior stakeholder management, with ability to flex style appropriately to achieve the right outcomes;
* Strong leadership, decision-making and communication skills; and
* Experience in managing financial compliance and risk and quality procedures.
* Opportunity for working from home? Absolutely, though typically client / project dependent
* Amount of time client based? Variable, 70-80% of time
* Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Absolutely, though typically client / project dependent
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.