17 days ago
Exciting opportunities exist for Patent Attorneys with CMS, a full service law firm, as a result of our merger with Olswang and Nabarro.
About the role
We are currently looking for qualified European Patent Attorneys with a background in Electronics, Physics, Engineering and/or Software to join our successful team.
The roles can be based at any of our offices across England and Scotland.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Patent prosecution including drafting, filing and opposition work.
• Liaising with clients and overseas attorneys.
• Undertaking legal research as and when required.
Whilst you will have a solid core of prosecution work and strategy projects to keep you busy, you will also have the opportunity to work on exciting commercial and litigation projects.
According to Chambers & Partners UK (2017 edition, London) our team was ranked as Band 2 for Patent Attorneys.
Our IP group is already one of the largest teams in Europe for patent and trade mark work. We have qualified patent attorneys working alongside IP, litigation, corporate and commercial lawyers.
This offering makes us unique in the market. We are the only full service law firm to combine patent attorneys with solicitors in this way.
The ideal candidates will be UK and/or European qualified Patent Attorneys with a background in electronics, electrical engineering, physics and/or software.
* Excellent academic record – minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) – in a related discipline.
* A background in at least one of wireless telecommunications, software, signal processing and engineering, computer implementing inventions would be advantageous.
* Successful candidates will currently be working in private practice or an in-house role.
* Attention to detail and thoroughness are as important as a motivated and enthusiastic attitude.
* Candidates should be motivated, enthusiastic and interested in developing their knowledge of IP law and patent prosecution.
* Good technical ability and solid drafting skills.
* Flexible in attitude and approach to work. Able to demonstrate effective organisational and prioritisation skills. At times the successful candidate will be working to tight deadlines and under pressure and will be required to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
* Effective team player - able to work effectively in an established, close-knit team. An enthusiastic and engaged attitude with excellent people skills and a good, clear communication style. Able to form strong working relationships across all areas of the practice.
* Willingness to assist across diverse technical and legal areas.
* Language skills – French or German would be an advantage but not essential.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Claire Keen, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.
4 months ago
only 5 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close