Paralegal/support roles within relevant departments work alongside and supporting fee-earners working on behalf of the firm's clients to ensure continuity of service and client care.
This role is situated on the Family law team.
You must be able to prepare court bundles and Form E documents. You will liaise with clients more frequently than other business support roles i.e: legal secretary.
Salary is up to £19,000
Paralegal/Support will be responsible for:
* General support services within the department including secretarial
and typing support.
* Assisting fee-earners with their individual matters and deputising
in their absence.
* Ensuring the department delivers the One Team and Quality Client
* Contributing to the department's business plan where appropriate.
* Maintaining effective links with the Risk and Compliance Manager to
ensure that quality standards and audit measures are implemented and
monitored to agreed procedures and in line with the compliance plan.
* Ensuring support team cover is provided at all times including
absence, holidays and lunchtime cover to ensure client care is
* Contributing to the development of departmental systems, IT
use/application and any other resources enabling the department to
operate more efficiently.
* Provide PA and support services to fee-earners as and when required
including relevant administration, attending meetings and effective
diary management for themselves and fee-earners.
* Ensuring (in accordance with agreed matter planning tools) each
client matter is quoted, costed and billed at a profitable level.
* Attending client meetings to take notes, client instructions, etc.
* Assembly of trial bundles and disclosure.
* Their own individual flexibility in their approach to work.
* Attending departmental team meetings.
NB Paralegal/support roles will be given fee-earner tasks and as such will be required to time record their chargeable/non-chargeable time. Initially these roles will not be given a financial budget/target to meet however this will be reviewed after a period of 12 months.
Technical / Professional Expertise Preferred
* A good working knowledge of relevant technical expertise, processes
* Proficient in all Microsoft applications
* Minimal supervision required
* A total approach to client care and compliance standards
* A developing ability to commercial and financial awareness
* Good working knowledge of the firm's accounting and practice systems
* Self Awareness & Impact On Others
* Intellectual Flexibility & Knowledge
* Working With Others
* Workload Management
* Client Relationship Management
Please contact Connor Franks, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our Midlands based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.