We are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join our highly respected Real Estate Construction team in Newcastle on a permanent basis.
Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
• Supporting and assisting the team through preparing and maintaining records.
• Responding to ad hoc requests for information from clients, document preparation and research.
• Contacting the firm’s clients, providing a high level of client service at all times.
• Exercising full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Contributing to fee-earning and non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, training, assisting and preparing updates for clients and the team, legal research etc…
• Building an awareness of the Firm's other services. Building effective internal and external networks.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
• Graduate in law or law related subject with previous non-contentious Paralegal experience being desirable but not essential.
• Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would be an advantage.
• Excellent commercial awareness and an interest in broader business issues.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients and colleagues on day to day issues.
• Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage tasks within set timeframes.
• Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Excellent IT skills, to include Word and Outlook.
The DAC Beachcroft commercial real estate team in the north operates from all three of our offices in Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle, but works collaboratively as one team, with one budget and a common purpose and strategy.
We have been one of the few teams to actively grow and recruit over the last few years and we continue to grow in all areas of our practice.
This role will be based within the team that specialises in Construction which, in a relatively short period of time, has already come to be considered ‘best in class’ with an enviable list of clients and top tier rankings across the North East region.