1. Reporting to the client by updating weekly/monthly MI reports.
2. Opening transactional files.
3. Preparing draft documents.
4. Dealing with transactional files under supervision.
5. Preparing reports on title.
6. Dealing with the issue and monitoring of accounts, cheques, payments, reporting and VAT invoices, producing regular financial reports (requiring skills in Excel spreadsheets and mathematical competence), and monitoring any legal Undertakings for 3rd party costs.
7. General administration, checking of documents, deeds monitoring and uploading documents to client extranet (and internally logging documents/deeds etc).
8. Undertaking specific tasks including – Land Registry searches, Local Authority and other searches and dealing with enquiries from public search bodies.
9. Dealing with completion and post-completion matters including Land Registry applications, producing SDLT forms, calculating SDLT payments and dealing with the Stamp Office/Inland Revenue.
It is important to be able to handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.In addition, the person will be expected to contribute in working alongside other team members in the Real Estate group for the group's other clients to cover the following tasks:
• File openings and closures;
• General correspondence and basic progression of files for fee earners; also, scanning/copying correspondence and other documents/deeds;
• Preparing documents for engrossment checks and engrossing documents;
• Dealing with Accounts/Elite issues and queries;
• Dealing with post-completion procedures ;
• Dealing with CPSEs;
• General review of ongoing matters for various clients;
• Liaising with the team's Land Registry office (ability to use the LR portal);
• Initiating searches (ability to use Searchflow);
• Proof-reading and highlighting amendments;
• Producing first drafts of documents using visualfiles (for checking);
• Producing Lease reports, title reports, proforma acquisition and Summary Reports;
• Dealing with post completion issues including SDLT/HMRC and LR queries and requisitions.
• Experience in Commercial Property is not essential but would be advantageous as is an interest in this area
• Previous experience of working as a paralegal would be an advantage but is not essential
• Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks within a time-scale
• Must be flexible and self motivated team player who is able to respect and support others within the team to achieve common goals
• The ability to produce work to the high standards required to high level of accuracy
• Competent in Microsoft Office packages and experience in case management
• Ability to communicate confidently both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and friendly manner
• Excellent attention to detail and a concern for quality are essential
• Must be able to work under pressure to meet required deadlines
• Must be able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
Our Real Estate Team covers every aspect of commercial real estate work including planning and environmental, development, investment, asset management, funding, construction, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution. Clients include property management and development companies, health trusts and government bodies (local and central), owner occupiers and institutions, both in the UK and overseas.
Teams are drawn from our offices across the country (London, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol), ensuring our clients benefit from a combination of the most appropriately experienced team and local market knowledge.
In all cases we provide high quality, commercially orientated advice to clients for whom property is a key asset.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.