9 days ago
Irwin Mitchell is passionate about the law and in providing our clients with the very best legal advice and guidance.
We believe in putting our clients first. Our client care is second to none and this, underpinned by our promise to exceed client expectations, has helped the firm to grow to become one of the UK’s most successful and respected law firms.
Today we employ over 2800 people in 15 UK offices.
The highly regarded Military Injury Claims team at Irwin Mitchell operates nationally, includes former service personnel and has a long history of advising and supporting military families on a wide range of legal issues. The area of practice is very niche and we possess a wealth of expertise in dealing with military personnel and the unique problems experienced by those who are in military service. We pride ourselves on the specialist knowledge within the team which allows us to provide a bespoke service to military personnel suffering life changing injuries both in terms of civil claims and now claims under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) with the addition to the team of an AFCS expert. We lobby MPS and campaign for change to improve the lives of wounded and vulnerable military personnel and to benefit the family and wider military community. We provide regular advice clinics and work tirelessly with military charities to support them and their members in times of greatest need.
As a Paralegal in the AFCS team you will play an integral role in the team, working together with qualified Case Handlers to provide legal support on a number of cases to deliver an outstanding client experience and progress litigation. You will be responsible for ensuring that client queries are dealt with quickly, efficiently and with empathy, taking appropriate actions. You will work independently under supervision and as part of a team to progress cases in accordance with the department’s procedures to meet agreed personal targets. You’ll liaise regularly with a wide range of clients and medical professionals, in person, over the phone and in writing. Whether arranging meetings, seeking medical reports, chasing information, or interviewing witnesses; you’ll need to show a sensitive and professional approach at all times. Ability to analyse and extract information in a forensic way is important along with the capacity to learn military terminology systems and procedures quickly. Experience in Tribunal procedure is an advantage but not essential.
To be successful in this role you must;
* Have appropriate legal knowledge and experience to support qualified Case Handlers to progress legal cases.
* Be organised and have the ability to work quickly and accurately in a growing and demanding area of the business to meet personal targets.
* Be proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
* Have excellent client care and inter-personal skills, operating with integrity and showing empathy and intuition.
* Be comfortable using and updating a case management system. Knowledge of the Irwin Mitchell PI CMS system would be an advantage.
* Completion of Law degree and/or Legal Practice Course would be an advantage; however we would welcome applicants who are well established Paralegals looking to forge a new career with IM.
In addition to your competitive basic salary we have an exciting benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days hols (this increases with length of service), discounted online shopping, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers.
How to Apply
Our preferred method of application is via the online portal on our website. However if you are having any problems, please contact email@example.com. Irwin Mitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer