5 months ago
Job Title: Paralegal-Industrial Disease
Salary: Competitive package including excellent benefits
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and career focussed Paralegal to join our top performing Industrial Disease Team in Manchester City Centre.
This presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who is interested in furthering their career dealing with challenging, complex cases such as work related stress, asbestos related illness, asthma, vibration white finger and other chemical poisonings.
Responsibilities to include;
* Assisting and Handling a caseload of complex ID and stress claims
* Instructing experts
* dealing with disclosure including but not limited to applying for and analysing Medical Records
* Preparing court bundles
* Updating the case management system
* Administrative duties
* Interviewing witnesses and drafting witness statements
* Attending client meetings
* Attending conferences and Court to sit behind Counsel
* Drafting pleadings, interlocutory applications, directions questionnaires
* LPC graduate
* You should also possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with litigated files
* You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care and possess a keen interest in Personal Injury
* The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people both verbally as well as in writing is also integral to this role as are strong IT skills
* Please also note that we are proud to say that ours are busy teams and so you will need to be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment by prioritising your work to meet competing deadlines
What we offer in return;
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting state of the art work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with a top International law firm.
Who we are;
Slater and Gordon Limited is a leading consumer law firm in Australia and the United Kingdom. We employ 1,210 people in 54 locations across Australia and 3,130 people across 25 locations in the UK. Slater and Gordon’s mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas.
Founded in Australia in 1935 the company has grown from quite humble beginnings to building a powerful reputation throughout our history as a law firm that fights to achieve the best outcomes and ensure that more people are able to access affordable legal services.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in applying then please follow the online process. Should your details be shortlisted a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.