4 months ago
Department: Construction Advisory Disputes
Purpose of the role
Working as part of a Practice Group, this role requires you to assist Partners, fee earners and client teams in their provision of legal advice and meeting the business needs of the client. You are expected to provide excellent service at all times, making positive contributions to building the business of the firm. You will be expected to demonstrate your organisational and interpersonal skills. Responsible forall the activities for official submission, collection of application approval and timely processing of various legal documents.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Client liaison, being a point of contact for routine queries and updating clients on general developments.
· Attending meetings and note taking.
· Case support for Partners and fee earners.
· Research on behalf of Partners and fee earners.
· Managing and co-ordinating documentation on large scale projects.
· Researching case law, recent updates in law, obtaining specific documents.
· Ensuring all fee earners are kept up to date with all that is happening on their cases at all times
· Responding to PM's staff queries.
· Providing legal and admin support as required.
· Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
· General administration tasks, filing and assisting fee earners, trainees and other paralegals with other ad-hoc duties.
· Strong background of Qatar laws is preferred.
· 3 years Paralegal experience, either in-house or in private practice.
· Excellent networking and interpersonal skills.
* Law degree
Key Skills and Behaviours:
· Solid English language skills (spoken, reading and written).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail.
· Experience of managing competing demands, and working well under pressure.
· Strong people skills and ability to project credible and professional image to the client.
· Ability to communicate with employees at all levels.