Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join the Banking Litigation department of a well-established, prestigious firm based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will support the Disputes Team and be responsible for negotiating payment arrangements and initiating legal proceedings to recover unpaid business debt and enforcing judgments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To administer and progress the existing legal account portfolio, including contested or defended cases
- To provide support on a wide variety of transactions, which may include: Pursuing claims and making recoveries, drafting pleadings and witness statements and instigating and monitoring enforcement actions
- Researching the law and collating evidence for issues
- Working closely with other departments to obtain evidence and data in preparation for potential disputes
- Briefing Counsel, attending conferences and assisting in drafting/amending legal pleadings and witness statements
- To support others in the team with any specific business development and marketing activities to develop client work and fee income as part of supporting the business and strategic plans
- To work with the Team Leader and others within the Financial & Commercial Disputes Team to further develop the offering and client base as required
Background & Skills:
- Proven knowledge and experience of litigation and dispute resolution work including claims for unpaid business debt, making recoveries by agreement or enforcement, injunctions, instigating and monitoring enforcement actions and breach of contract claims
- You must demonstrate commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions concerning debtors on a day to day basis
- A highly flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic firm who offer market leading salaries and great benefits. If you would like more information regarding this position, please get in touch with Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Paralegal, Banking Litigation, Debt Recovery, Commercial, Business, Litigation, Disputes, Law Graduate, Legal, Law, Jobs in Plymouth, Devon Jobs