3 months ago
About Gowling WLG
Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, we’re positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face – both today and tomorrow.
Main Purpose of the Job
To offer assistance to the pensions team, principally, with contentious pensions work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working as part of the pensions team your responsibilities will include:
* Updating procedural files with court orders, statements of case etc, amending index
* Creating bundles for instructions to counsel: contents, index, labels, covering letters; adding tab references to instructions
* Creating and maintaining index of all hard copy files created/obtained during course of a matter
* Proof reading amendments to long documents
* Researching and checking documentary references in pleadings
* Assisting in factual research/enquiries
* Maintaining the litigation room and our litigation filing
* Keeping the case plan/to-do list updated
* Updating cost budget docs
* Keeping the standstills log up to date
* Keeping case log/reference library of cases in the team, the fee earners and the main issues as a quick reference guide
* Any other reasonable duties delegated by any Partner or Director within the team.
Key skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience of contentious work.
* Experience of working in a legal or other business environment.
* Experience of dealing with clients either on their own initiative or as part of a team on more complex work.
* Team player
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* Works well under pressure
* Excellent attention to detail
* Sound basic drafting skills
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
< Back to available positions