16 days ago
Role Profile Level 1
(Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm)
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our specialist Healthcare team covers all aspects of healthcare and related areas of law and practice, including child law, clinical negligence, clinical governance, consent to treatment, healthcare advisory and mental health. We provide a supportive, proactive service based on a deep understanding of NHS procedures and the social/political background of public healthcare. Our expert team includes doctors and nurses among other health professionals, all with specialist medical knowledge in key areas.
To manage a caseload of fast track EL/PL cases, predominantly on behalf of NHS Resolution.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Manage own caseload of approximately 30 fast track defendant EL/PL cases
* Review case upon allocation and report to client/prepare internal strategy report as appropriate
* Manage cases in accordance with client SLAs
* Instruct medical expert witnesses and liaise with the experts, clinicians, Trust, NHSR and other parties in order to gather evidence
* Deal with court hearings as appropriate
* Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values and procedures
* Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
* Comply with Data Protection compliance and procedures
* Complete Client MI procedures/databases as and when required
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the team’s practice.
The person specification
* At least 12 months previous experience of defending fast track EL / PL cases
* Good knowledge of CPR procedures and have proven technical ability
* Methodical, organised approach
* Ability to work to strict deadlines, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Proven ability to meet challenging targets
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
< Back to available positions
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close