3 months ago
About Gowling WLG
Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, we’re positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face – both today and tomorrow.
Main Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the establishment, data inputting and management of a database and client-facing portal to manage estate information in preparation for a major due diligence and analysis exercise, and a parallel preparation for multiple rent reviews across a nationwide property portfolio. In addition, the role will involve assisting solicitors in the real estate litigation team in conducting legal due diligence, and in running some smaller individual matters (such as infrastructure documentation).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
* establishing a client-facing portal and uploading initial information to it in a uniform and easily management format
* future management of that portal, including ongoing data inputting (as evidence and rent review comparables are produced)
* co-ordinating and marshalling information coming from the client and its surveyors to ensure uniform and logical data presentation of that data on the portal which is easily accessible to the Gowling and client teams
* managing deadlines
* assisting in seeing arbitrations through directions including disclosure, witness statements and expert reports
* drafting documents, Land Registry applications and SDLT returns
* any other reasonable duties delegated by any Partner, Director or Associate within the team
Key skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
* strong organisational skills and the ability to co-ordinate the inputting of data relating to a very large property portfolio
* large scale projects/litigation experience
* sound technical / theoretical land law knowledge and the ability to apply this practically
* experience of working within a (property) litigation team
* experience of using a client portal system/excellent IT skills
* experience of dealing with clients either on their own initiative or as part of a team
* experience of handling high volume work
* undertaken and, ideally, completed the Legal Practice Course
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
< Back to available positions