Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for a junior Paralegal to join our client’s brand new offices in Newton Abbot. This would be an ideal opportunity for a graduate, who is looking for their first step into a legal career, specialising in Criminal law.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with a caseload of clients, all of whom have been charged with or accused of a criminal offence
- Liaising with clients, the Police, the CPS, the Courts and Barristers Chambers in relation to the relevant offences- either trying to get the charges dropped/dismissed, or arranging Court dates etc
- Drafting full representations to send to the Police and the CPS, and also drafting full briefs to send to Barristers to enable them to assist the client at Court
- You will be required to keep up to date with the relevant areas of law and research case law etc when required to assist with cases
- A law degree is highly desirable, but any degree will be considered, as long as a passion for pursuing a legal career is evident
- You must have excellent communication skills, with the ability to draft detailed and accurate documents
- You will have a confident and friendly telephone manner
- You must have good IT skills, namely experience with Word, Excel, Outlook
- You will be a team player with a positive approach to your work
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to start their legal career with a very reputable law firm. On offer is comprehensive training, as well as the opportunity to progress within a very friendly and hardworking environment.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please get in touch with Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above position.
Keywords: Paralegal, Trainee Paralegal, Junior Paralegal, Law, LLB, Law Degree, Legal, Criminal Law, Legal Jobs, Graduate Jobs, Newton Abbot, Devon Jobs