about 1 month ago
We are recruiting for a Paralegal to join the Health Litigation Team of a Manchester based firm of solicitors.
Duties will include;
* Supporting team with their caseloads
* Reviewing expert reports and providing analysis
* Undertaking expert instruction claims
* Instructing Counsel and experts
* Arranging Conferences and meetings
* Undertaking research
* Prior experience of clinical negligence claims, ideally defendant
* Put the client first at all times
* Ability to deliver technically accurate and appropriate advice to clients
* Ability to work to deadlines and run an effective diary system
* Adheres to guidelines and procedures
* The ability to work independently in addition to as part of a team
* Undertake client secondments
* Demonstrates understanding of client needs/expectations
* Ability to interact and communicate with clients and keep them up-to-date
* Shows commercial awareness in understanding of the health market and sector
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to influence and negotiate
As part of a busy team, this is a role which will provide an opportunity to undertake high quality tasks on clinical negligence claims for NHS Resolution (formerly NHS Litigation Authority), NHS Trusts and other defendant clinical negligence clients. There may also be the opportunity to work with our NHS Trust clients on a secondment.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.