Our client based within walking distance of liverpool Street, has been established for over 100 years and is highly regarded as one of the UKs leading full serviced law firms is seeking a Paralegal in their Commercial Litigation department.
The department is responsible for dispute resolution and middle east desk and the success candidate will be tasked with contributing to the ongoing success of the firm. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and have the ability to manage their own caseloads. This is a demanding role that will require flexibility, a driven attitude and the ability to effectively prioritise a changing caseload.
Main roles and responsibilities :
- Drafting legal documents including particulars of claim, defence and instructions to counsel
- be the first point of contact for clients, witnesses, opponents and various barristers
- Administration support including providing clients with regular updates, drafting documents and preparing for trials
- proof documents and information
- conduct research including locating and developing case relevant information
- Assist senior fee earners with business development including attending networking events both in-house and external
- support with the development of the Iran Desk
Required Skills :
- fluent in both English and Farsi (including written)
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- confident using various legal IT applications
- proactive and prepared to work independently and intelligently, exercise own judgement with minimal supervision always adopting a can do attitude
- high attention to detail to produce work which is consistently of a high standard