7 months ago
We are looking for a Multi-Track RTA/PI Claimant Costs and Commercial Manager for a Cheshire based law firm.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
The Manager is accountable to the Head of Large Loss. They will assist him in the ensuring achievement of budget for the department by:
* Preparing a monthly case by case forecast on profit costs for the Group FD. Ensuring that all fee earners meet their monthly forecast to achieve departmental budget each month.
* Liaising with each fee earner to ensure that cases are settled converting optimum levels of WIP to bills and cash.
* Monitoring the progress of cases in the department for the HOD and updating him regularly on the findings.
* Chasing up our outstanding costs.
* Ensuring that best practice is carried on throughout the department to ensure optimum recovery of time, disbursements and expenses.
* Continually reviewing progress against forecast during the month and taking appropriate steps to deal with any deficits.
* Working with the Operations Manager to maximise our use of Proclaim to develop costs reports and budgets on the case.
* Covering for the HOD as required during any periods of absence
* Liaising with the FD and Operations Manager on the draft annual budget for the department as required.
* To ensure that time recording is complete and accurate within the department, using information provided by the Operations Manager.
* Attending monthly meetings with the MD, FD and HOD to discuss costs, forecasts and performance within the department as required.
Must have over 5 years' current experience within a similar role.
Full time permanent position
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.