9 months ago
posted on September 7, 2017
Number of reports:
Purpose of role
Our highly-rated Property Litigation team is looking for a lawyer with good experience of working on all types of property litigation and advisory matters, including commercial landlord and tenant, real property, development issues (including overage and third party rights), insolvency and enforcement and high end residential.
We work with major blue chip clients and undertake high quality work befitting of a global law firm.
The team acts for many recognised names, including banks, investors, developers, landlords, retailers and significant public sector bodies. These clients expect excellent levels of advice and service.
* Mixed case load of property litigation matters, working with more senior members of the team. Excellent levels of client contact and responsibility
* Running own caseload and matters where appropriate
* Working with senior members of the team on larger matters
* Assisting large Real Estate practice in dealing with day to day issues
* Maintaining and developing client relationships
* Active participation in business development events and activities.
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Ideally, 1 - 8 years' post qualification experience.
* Good academics with a minimum of 2:1 first degree.
* Experience of working to the highest standards, either in a City or top tier regional firm.
* Experience of the civil litigation process.
* Good understanding of property law with a sound knowledge of landlord and tenant law.
* Ability to monitor, manage, control and implement a heavy caseload with numerous deadlines.
* Willingness to develop areas of expertise.
* Excellent organisational and communication skills.
* Enthusiasm for real estate litigation and the real estate industry.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.