6 months ago
posted on August 18, 2017
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.
Purpose of role
To deliver outstanding secretarial support to partners and fee earners within the department, with a focus on client service. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering a professional secretarial service of the highest quality.
* Creating/amending documents and letters
* Digital dictation
* Collating billing guides, drafting narratives and covering letters to clients / liaising with accounts team on billing matters
* Updating/adding contacts to InterAction
* Photocopying, filing and scanning
* Daily email management
* File opening
* Taking telephone calls, dealing with queries where able or otherwise communicating these to fee earner
* Diary Management
* Submitting fee earner expense claims and arranging travel
* File closing
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Proven experience within a similar secretarial role
* Corporate and banking sector experience would be advantageous but is not essential
* Fast, accurate typing skills
* Ability to turn around large and complex documents at speed
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Excel and Powerpoint, and experienced in formatting, automatic numbering and other advanced features in Word
* Strong organisational skills
* Effective communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to use own initiative and remain calm under pressure
* Sound team player
* Confident and professional telephone manner
* Pro-active and "can do" attitude
* Willingness to work beyond core business hours to meet clients' expectations.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.