5 months ago
This role offers an experienced Marketing and Business Development coordinator the opportunity to grow their career within DLA Piper.
We need an adaptable and confident individual able to support the delivery of a wide variety of work from pitch documentation to communications and events. This is a role for an individual who thrives on a high tempo environment and is proactive in their approach.
You will be commercially astute and dynamic, and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to your clients. Energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional Marketing & Business Development Coordinator will provide support to the Regional Marketing & Business Development Manager in the delivery of the Leeds and Sheffield office marketing plans. A frontline role, you will work directly with partners/lawyers from across the office, supporting them with their requests whilst at the same time operating as part of a close working team. You will also support other UK office teams as and when required.
Your remit will include:
* Working with the regional marketing team to implement each aspect of the office marketing plans in addition to supporting on One UK activity, where necessary
* Co-ordinate the delivery of specific local client events from end-to-end, including initial scoping and objective setting through to execution and analysis / ROI reporting
* Act as support lead on location specific pitches, capability statements and materials needed for client BD meetings. This involves initial scoping, drafting and project managing the process to completion, often to tight deadlines
* Coordinating attendance at local hospitality events and industry dinners and making recommendations on who should attend
* Coordinating local sector forums, Researching the local market, spotting opportunitites and presenting these to the local group. Attending regular meetings, owning the agenda and ensuring follow up is carried out.
* Support on location specific internal and external communications including creating internal posters and news alerts, press releases, legal directory entries, awards entries and marketing collateral. Strong writing skills are essential in this role.
* Working with management, support on the co-ordination of sponsorship campaigns from end-to-end, ensuring sponsorship is maximised and value is returned, to include internal/external communications, social media and on the ground delivery
* Support management with the delivery of the firm's client FOCUS programme, our key client methodology. Educating lawyers on the concept, how to apply it and becoming an ambassador of the programme
* Support management on ad hoc BD activity which includes working with intermediaries, client listening, practice and sector specific targeting and supporting on new business generation as a whole
* Produce engaging and relevant marketing collateral such as flyers, brochures and invitations
* Ensure up to date (location specific) credentials are maintained and content for proposal generator is regularly updated in order to deliver compelling sales messages
* Engage with GSC resources to support the delivery of marketing and business development processes across the Yorkshire region
* Tracking budgets and reporting on spend
* Manipulating data to ensure effective audience engagement
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will have:
* A sound understanding of professional marketing approaches, new business issues, sales and pitch processes within the legal sector and particularly how these apply to legal services marketing strategies
* Experience of creating and supporting the delivery of effective integrated BD / client development plans, focused around key clients and sectors
* Experience of taking ownership of competitive products and services including pitches, RFP’s, client presentations and other BD documentation
* Experience working within a Corporate environment or, ideally, within Professional Services and be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
* A strong commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
* Stakeholder management and effective communication skills
* Hold a Degree/CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (desirable), experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would also be beneficial
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. These clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as governments and public sector bodies.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups. Our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading global business law firm
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.