3 months ago
The International Marketing & Business Development team for F&P is responsible for helping partners to develop the group's business, build its relationships with existing and potential clients and also for managing the group's market profile. It forms part of a larger marketing team, based in locations across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific with a strong London centre.
We are currently recruiting a Marketing & Business Development Manager to join the team and work closely with the Senior Manager and International partners to develop and deliver strategic business development and marketing plans.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing and Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
* Creating and executing targeted marketing campaigns designed to raise our profile and win new business in specific areas
* Managing specific aspects of the group's key client relationship programme
* Working with the central Pitch Team to advise on pitch strategy, help prepare key pitch documents and contribute to rehearsals for new business pitches
* Working with the international partners and the PR team to manage relationships with the media and proactively seek out the most appropriate press coverage
* Championing the adoption and successful implementation of new technologies to further develop go-to-market channels, marketing processes and activities
* Managing the group's profile through content on the firm's website, directory submissions and identifying and organising networking and profile raising opportunities for the lawyers with clients and prospects
* Identifying business development training needs for the lawyers on skills such as pitching and sales
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will have:
* Strong knowledge of marketing / BD priorities and processes for professional services developed through their experience in a similar role within a law firm
* An understanding of new technologies to further develop go-to-market channels, marketing processes and activities
* An inquisitive, outward-looking and international perspective, with a broad interest in international affairs and the impact of these on the business and legal environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
* Excellent communication and project management skills. You will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel
* Demonstrable experience in demanding, partner-led international environments, where success has depended on an ability to:
* multi-task and work to deadlines
* manage conflicting priorities and expectations in a robust and fast-paced atmosphere
* perform at a consistently high standard
* remain calm and composed in what are often demanding situations
* see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups, and our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading business law firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.