22 days ago
The International Marketing & Business Development team for the Corporate Practice Group is responsible for helping partners to develop the group's business, build its relationships with existing and potential clients and also for managing the group's market profile. It forms part of a larger marketing team, based in locations across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific with a strong London centre.
The Marketing & BD Manager - Corporate will lead and support in all of these areas to help the firm enhance its profile and win new, profitable business.
Travel within the UK and internationally is a requirement of the role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist the partners in developing the group's key client relationships
* Working with relevant sector teams, implement the Group's sector strategy
* Advise on pitch strategy, help prepare pitch documents, manage rehearsals for new business pitches and perform pitch debriefs
* Provide lead Corporate BD support and coordination for firmwide pitches managed by the firm's central pitch team
* Work closely with International partners in order to develop strategic business development and marketing plans, the infrastructure (regular calls etc.) required to deliver these and help lead all supporting activity
* Create and execute targeted marketing campaigns designed to raise our profile and win new business in specific areas (eg. M&A Academy, M&A Intelligence Report)
* Work with the Partners and Press Office to manage relationships with the media and proactively seek out the most appropriate press coverage
* Provide insightful research on companies, industries and countries
* Coordinate submissions to the main legal directories, league tables and awards
* Manage the production of client communications from concept through to distribution
* Manage, maintain and review the group's website, both internal and external
* Proactively manage internal communications
* Identify and organise networking and profile raising opportunities for the lawyers with clients and prospects
* Identify training needs for the lawyers on skills such as pitching and sales
The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
* Degree/Professional Diploma in Marketing (desirable) along with a deep knowledge of marketing / BD processes for professional services - a sound understanding of new business processes, CRM as a concept and the emerging technologies that will help us win and retain legal work
* Excellent writing skills, communication and project management skills. You will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel
* Highly developed understanding of what should be the marketing and BD priorities for a leading international legal group
* High level of literacy in IT and marketing systems - Excel, Word and Outlook is essential; experience of InterAction / CRM and design software would be beneficial
* Sales techniques and coaching skills
* An inquisitive, outward-looking and international perspective - broad interest in international affairs and the impact of these on the business and legal environment
* An exemplary professional approach and demonstrably high levels of commitment and internal client care
* Demonstrable experience in demanding, partner-led international environments.
An understanding of the work of corporate lawyers (PE, ECM, M&A) is useful.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups, and our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading business law firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.