4 months ago
posted on September 5, 2017
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.
Purpose of role
The Senior Client Development Manager will work with the firm's leadership to help set direction for Dentons' UK & ME Client Programme, the channel through we coordinate our marketing and business development pipeline to develop firm-wide and profitable client relationships. This role will see hands-on and client-facing account management of some of the firm's most significant strategic clients and management of the team of business services professionals aligned to the programme.
The Senior Client Development Manager will also advise on and implement measures to develop the Client Programme overall, evaluating systems and processes used to coordinate client management using previous experience and market knowledge of key clients and KPI's. Onboarding of multinational clients following successful panel proposals will also be key to the success of this role as will the development of firm-wide campaigns. Interfacing successfully with the firm's global client management programmes will also be crucial.
This is a challenging and interesting position that will involve being both hands-on and highly strategic, providing partners, lawyers and members of the marketing and business development team with advice on best practice across the entire client development process and most importantly, inspiring and enthusing our partners and cultivating accountability to achieve our strategic goals as the largest law firm in the world.
* Acting as Account Manager for a defined group of clients working with the internal account team and directly with the client to maintain existing relationships and proactively identify new opportunities for growth based on your deep understanding of the client and its operations.
* Organisation and implementation of firm-wide client contact campaigns aligned to our strategic plans.
* Working with the Marketing & Business Development Director, senior management and sector leaders, key client partners and business development to drive further engagement in the Client Programme.
* Managing the day-to-day work of the Client Development team.
* Establishing improvements as necessary that make it easy to understand the firm's performance in relation to its clients and processes including: client development strategy, revenue and profitability reports, relationship mapping, market share, competitor activity, developments in the client's markets and client needs analysis.
* Managing, with the Marketing & Business Development Director, the annual strategic planning process.
* Contributing to the development of best practice toolkits and training sessions to assist the firm in its rollout of relationship management processes.
* Championing the use of our CRM system InterAction in client development.
* Enhancing our client listening programme.
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Large-scale strategic client relationship management experience in an international professional services environment organisation ideally with a client-facing element.
* Familiarity with client listening methodologies and programmes.
* Strong client service ethos.
* Financial acumen and used to working with KPI's and metrics.
* Must be able to demonstrate strong creativity and project management skills.
* Works well under pressure.
* Strong management and people skills.
* Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
* Track record in delivering revenue growth.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.