3 months ago
Posted on December 20, 2017
Reports to: Advisor to the Board and HR Director
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.
Purpose of role
This role will support with the administration of the Partnership and partner-level legal consultants, being the point of contact for all queries relating to all aspects of the Partnership life cycle from on boarding, partner reviews, maternity, remuneration, changes to terms & exits.
Partner Review Process
* Support the Adviser to the Board & HR Director to ensure the partner review and planning process is managed to meet the deadlines required to feed into the remuneration process.
* Ensure review template documents are kept up to date.
* Lead the administration aspects of the process including:
* Systems to ensure Partners return their review forms in time (and the information contained within them is robust)
* Manage processes to collect feedback
* Managing circulation of information (e.g. feedback to reviewers)
* Checking meetings are being organised, paperwork is being updated after meetings and collected
* Collating information from the process (such as any grading given).
* Help with the migration to an online process.
* Work in conjunction with the Adviser to the Board to ensure the process runs smoothly.
* Arrange Remuneration Committee meetings & Board remuneration meetings.
* Ensure all documentation is produced, organised effectively and shared in a timely manner with key stake holders.
* Collate and summarise special terms (e.g. for lateral partners).
* Work with HR Adviser to ensure all documentation to communicate outcomes is completed.
* Work with HR Adviser to ensure meetings to communicate outcomes are arranged with Divisional Leads and others.
* Work with Employment Partner responsible for Partnership to ensure any changes are managed and documented.
* Ensure all Partner exits are managed effectively and all management discretions, letters and other documentation completed.
* Facilitate and support other HR/Partnership projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Ideally at least 10 years' experience in a senior admin role within a partnership environment.
* Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite – work, excel and power point.
* Strong broader IT skills – in particular excel and the ability to embrace new technologies (such as online surveys and online review platforms).
* Exceptional administration and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail.
* Experience of running projects with multiple stakeholders.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the gravitas to deal directly with the partner population.
* A strong team player with the ability to juggle priorities on a daily basis and the confidence to make decisions on when and how things should be done.
* Work closely with the HR Adviser to share responsibility for ensuring all partnership issues and matters are recorded and filed within the appropriate systems.
* Sound understanding of how a Law partnership operates.
* Excellent written English and the ability to draft and amend documents with the support of experienced lawyers.
* Self confidence and gravitas to have credibility in dealing with senior stakeholders.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.