26 days ago
Posted on October 24, 2017
Senior Librarians and Head of Library Services
Number of reports:
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.
Purpose of role
To perform administrative duties, alongside other members of the Library team, to keep the information resources up to date and ready for use.
* Keeping looseleaf works up to date by filing updates promptly and accurately
* Working with other members of the team, assisting with the maintenance of the central and departmental libraries
* Working with stock at all stages, from processing new books, shelving returned stock, through to removing out of date books
* Using EOS library software to update catalogue records as needed.Updating other departmental documents as necessary to ensure accurate information is held at all times
* Working with other members of the team to maintain the archive collection
* Liaising with Pro Bono Co-ordinator and assisting with programme of distributing superseded books not needed for the archive to external organisations
* Assisting with administration of journals binding project.Collating journals, liaising with suppliers, verifying accuracy and quality
* Maintaining stationery stocks for the department, dealing with stationery orders and processing invoices
* Other tasks that may arise, covering for holiday and sickness when necessary
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Experience of looseleaf updating or using EOS library management system an advantage
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to interact positively within the firm and be a good team player
* Methodical approach to work, with strong attention to detail
* Proficiency in Excel a distinct advantage
* Good organisational skills
* Professional and enthusiastic attitude
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.