3 months ago
Posted on December 12, 2017
Facilities Team Lead
Purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to provide Dentons UKMEA with a facilities service to 1 Fleet Place and Milton Keynes. The post holder will be primarily based at 1 Fleet Place and responsible for the delivery of services. All training and suitable courses will be provided for the jobs listed.
Working on the basis of a flexible 8hr shift within the hours on 07:30hrs-18:30hrs. Although the firm attempts to give as much forewarning as possible the following shift patterns in operation but may be altered subject to business demands and with minimal advanced notice.
A 48hr weekend standby rota providing technical and service support to the firm exists which although not compulsory would be expected.
* Service desk: Responsible for issuing all jobs and follow up for all teams which include, Maintenance/Engineering/Catering/Cleaning/Scanning/Security/Printroom/Records and Facilities Centre.
* Security: Access management control, card build and reporting..
* Organising site visits of outside contractors.
* Management of Lockers, Bicycle space and Car parking allocation.
* Stationary and consumable management.
* Incoming 'cheque' list for accounts.
* Assistance with invoice coding with the management and provision of all associated supporting documentation (delivery notes etc.) as required/appropriate.
* To assist in organising and booking of first aid courses for Dentons UKMEA members. The ordering of first aid products.
* Radio management for all contractors and facilities teams.
* Operation of the computer fax system.
* Management of dry cleaning services
* Management of the starters and leavers check list and name plate changes to offices.
* Delivery and collection of all post, paper, registry boxes, by-hands and internal/external post.
* Floor management: Carrying out 'floor checks' consisting of notice board control, ordering rubbish removals, H&S audits (reporting non-compliance) stationary stock and other similar duties as required.
* Distribution of hard copy faxes.
* Assisting with room/floor moves.
* Franking machine management: Processing all outgoing post collected from floors.
Post Desk Duties
* X-Ray all incoming post and by-hands.
* Post Management: Includes incoming and outgoing items, personal items, registered and recorded items and all other related deliveries.
* Management of Courier Logistics for internal and external services, overseeing each job request. Notifying sender of any problem jobs and offering solutions if required.
Print and Scanning Duties
* Providing cover for the print-room department.
* Provision of specialised scanning services as part of the Facilities service profile to the firm.
* To copy, scan and print documents primarily for the UKMEA offices. Undertaking first line fix of Multi Functional Devices (MFDs) including clearing jams, installing consumables and identifying driver issues.
* The ability to work within the service desk team, prioritising jobs and providing detailed reports and information.
* The ability to work within the print team providing cover where required.
* The ability to communicate effectively both written and oral with internal customers and external clients.
* Flexible approach to working practices within the Facilities department.
* Managing external contractors and service providers, developing relationships and ensuring the provision of agreed services is supplied on time when required.
* Working closely with all Facilities teams.
* Minor maintenance of business equipment.
* Support of the firms business continuity plans.
* Support of the firms Health & Safety Management System (training to be given where necessary).
* Provision of Facilities related services as might be required from time to time.
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Customer service skills and 'can do' approach.
* Experience with service desk requirements.
* IT literate.
* Excellent telephone manner.
* Previous experience of working in a print or scanning environment.
* IOSH qualification in "Working Safely" and "Managing Safely" (Not essential) .
* Manual handling
* First aid qualification (non essential).
* Fire Warden qualification (non essential).
* Risk Assessments.
* Understanding of PCs and associated programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and Acrobat Professional and variants thereof.
* Ability to use binding/finishing equipment to a high standard.
* Ability to problem solve issues regarding MFDs and drivers (training given as required)
* Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Confident and professional manner.
* Flexible approach.
* Strong team player.
* Willing to attend courses provided
* Self motivated and ability to work under pressure.
* Excellent time keeping
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.