3 months ago
Posted on November 24, 2017
3 years +
Banking & Finance
Our Global structured finance team is a market leader in many jurisdictions, and in London we are ranked in Band 2 by Legal 500. Our team is led by industry leaders, with magic circle backgrounds, whose portfolio of clients includes financial institutions, private equity firms, trustees and global opportunities funds. We regularly advise on all securitisation asset classes, portfolio sales, warehouse financing and their securitisation refinancing and other forms of structured finance.
You will also be encouraged to do other types of transactional work including debt capital markets, Islamic finance/sukuk and derivatives.
Located in offices across the globe, we maximise our global presence and local expertise to offer clients seamless and integrated solutions.
Purpose of role
We now have an opportunity for an ambitious Associate to join our rapidly growing Structured Finance team. The successful candidate will advise on premium structured finance, securitisation and CLO work within a supportive and friendly team environment. Maximising our global presence and local expertise, you will connect with colleagues throughout the firm globally and manage international transactions to meet our clients' needs.
This role presents fantastic long term career prospects for the right candidates. You will build client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, mentor more junior colleagues, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of our ambitious practice and the Firm.
* You will take a lead role on a variety of transactions across a range of sectors
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Contribute to business development
* Coach and mentor more junior members of the team
* Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
* Extensive, in-depth knowledge of securitisation and structured finance transactions
* Experience of acting as transaction counsel on securitisation and structured finance transactions is advantageous
* You will ideally have experience of working with international clients in the finance sector
* Ability to work with a degree of independence
* Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
* Dedicated to exceptional client service
* Excellent business development ability
* Strong problem solving and decision making skills, coupled with good business awareness
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrate initiative and drive and take control of own career development
* You will be a team player and sociable
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.