9 months ago
Venn Group - Birmingham
£20 - £30 Per Hour
Location: West Midlands
PQE 5, PQE 6-9, PQE 10+
Public Sector, Data Protection, Compliance
Category: Solicitor Jobs
An excellent opportunity with a busy Local Authority has arisen for a Data Protection and Freedom of Information Solicitor.
Applications are welcome from Qualified Solicitors, Barristers, Legal Executives and non-qualified Lawyers who have the relevant experience working within a Local Government organisation.The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of Data Protection Law in practice.
Duties are as follows:
* Managing a varied caseload
* Handling complex requests in relation to the Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and Data Protection Act
* Advising on data protection and privacy matters
* Negotiating and drafting data processing and data sharing agreements
* Responding to ICO complaints
* Demonstrating a sound knowledge of Data Protection matters
The position offers an hourly rate of £20-30 per hour depending on experience.
If you feel you are suitable for this role then please call Lauren Watts or Rebecca Breen onor with a copy of your CV.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.