8 months ago
An excellent opportunity for a Locum Adult Social Care Lawyer has arisen in the East Midlands area for a busy and successful Local Authority legal team. The assignment is offered for an initial period of 3 months with the possibility of extension.
The successful applicant will have a thorough knowledge of adult social care law and practice, and will have managed their own busy caseload of matters in a Local Government environment.
The duties on a day-to-day basis are as follows;
* Handling a caseload of complex legal matters with minimal supervision
* Mental capacity, accommodation, contact, medical treatment and deprivation of liberty matters particularly within the context of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
* Judicial Reviews, both pre-action and in proceedings in respect of a wide variety of adult social care matters
* Social care debt matters including defence of claims in the County Court
* No recourse to public funds disputes
* Mental Health matters including admission, treatment and the appointment and displacement of nearest relatives under the Mental Health Act 1983
The position offers an attractive rate of approximately £30 - £35 per hour and is a full time position.
To apply for this position, please contact Philippa Turner or Rebecca Breen at Venn Group on, or .
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.