My client, a friendly firm based near Gainsborough is currently recruiting for a Litigation Paralegal to support the Head of Department.
You will be expected to provide full administrative support to the Senior Litigation Fee earner as well as provide word processing support, transcribe documents from handwritten notes and digital dictation with the ability to work on lengthy complex documents.
They are looking for a candidate who has experience as a Litigation Paralegal and has;
- Keen willingness to learn.
- Good understanding of fast track and multi-track cases with basic understanding of Queens Bench Division and Chancery - Division Procedures.
- Ability to brief the Head of Litigation and other senior lawyers.
- Ability to draft case summaries.
- Ability to draft costs summaries.
- Basic understanding of Precedent H (Cost Forecast).
- Ability to draft Precedent H and its Schedule of Special Assumptions.
- Ability to follow and work on complex instruction and legal documents.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to attend meetings with senior members of staff and take precise minutes of the meeting.
- Ability to maintain complex litigation files.
- Ability to fill in Court Forms and other documents.
- Basic understanding of Allocation and Directions Questionnaires.
- Ability to prepare Trial Bundles.
- Ability to take instructions from Client, attend meetings with sophisticated clients and maintain professionalism.
- Basic understanding of Civil Procedure Rules is essential.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when under litigation pressure.
- Ability to work as part a team and communicate effectively with staff of all levels.
A full job description is available upon request - this would be a perfect opportunity for a Civil Litigation Paralegal looking for a move to a supportive and friendly firm.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Natasha or alternatively call Clayton Legal to