about 1 month ago
We are recruiting a number of Legal Technician's to join our Legal Delivery Centre in Leeds.
The Legal Delivery Centre focuses on the design and implementation of solutions for repeat legal work. It acts as a fully integrated part of the firm, and is available as a resourcing option across our international business. Current activity includes asset management for Real Estate clients, electronic document reviews, contract negotiation and review, transactional support, and bespoke projects.
As we continue to invest and develop the function, this means we are currently expanding the teams. The Legal Technician roles offer exposure to challenging and varied work, and are supported by thorough training. The roles will suit candidates who enjoy innovation and candidates who are potentially looking for more certain working hours than the hours associated with a traditional law firm environment.
This is an exciting time to join the team, as developing more efficient ways of working lies at the heart of the firm's current strategy.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The roles work across all types of tasks which are common to supporting a transaction or larger piece of work, regardless of the practice area.
* Electronic document review
* Asset management for Real Estate clients
* Contract negotiation and review
* Transactional support
* Bespoke projects
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Law Degree or Graduate Diploma in Law
* Experience of working as a Paralegal is desirable
* Technology savvy - able to use various tools to support efficient working processes, and strong skills in using MS Office tools (in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to grasp tasks quickly and work autonomously
* Ability to think differently and be able to recommend and implement process changes for more efficient working
* Flexibility to adapt to different activities
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.