19 days ago
Few of us go through life without running into the occasional dispute. It might be about a product or service we’ve paid for, or something relating to work.
On the other hand, it could be more related to our personal lives, such as a conflict with neighbours – or an issue that threatens to cause a serious rift within the family. You just want to see things settled, but where exactly do you start?
Take expert advice, urgently
Whatever your situation, immediate professional advice is vital in getting the outcome you want. At Stephens Scown, we provide an outstanding level of support through a dedicated team of experts that specialise in resolving disputes – and we’re deeply committed to finding satisfactory solutions.
Completely professional, we’re approachable and friendly too, and have long experience in advising on a wide range of issues, including:
* disputes with retailers and service providers, including contracts
* disputes within families, whether personal, financial or business related
* disputes over financial matters, from debt collection to employment issues
* business disputes, including disagreements involving colleagues
* disputes relating to all aspects of land and property ownership and claims
* disputes relating to wills and other inheritance issues
Avoiding the costs of going to court
Formal proceedings can be expensive. So we’ll advise on routes such as pre-action settlements, mediations and other alternative dispute resolution options. In the process, we can identify bespoke and cost effective approaches on all aspects of family, employment and commercial law.
Sound advice that comes from strength
The legal industry bible, Chambers, describes us as a ‘dominant force’ in the marketplace. We also feature in The Lawyer magazine’s prestigious Top 200 rankings. Our strengths and expertise mean we are well qualified to help you face, and successfully deal with, legal disputes of every nature.
Our recent experience and activities include:
* a claim for misrepresentation and breach of contract relating to the sale and purchase of a defective second hand vehicle
* defending a claim brought against client for non-payment of invoices in relation to building works
* successfully enforcing a foreign judgment against a debtor who had moved to the UK
* advising a client regarding defective workmanship completed by a building company where the service fell below the standard expected
* advising a client on their rights in respect of a defamatory article published on social media
* assisting our client in setting aside a county court judgment.
Get in touch