8 months ago
We have a new vacancy for the Housing department of our clients Manchester based firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Produce correspondence and legal documentation via audio and copy typing maintaining a high level of accuracy in accordance with Firm's House style and Best Practice Guidelines, proof reading and correcting the quality of your work without
* To respond to internal/external telephone queries, ensuring telephones are covered at all times. Ensuring that every telephone call is handled in a polite, efficient and professional manner presenting a professional and courteous image to clients and other parties. Monitoring telephone calls and voicemail facilities for fee earners in their absence, taking appropriate action where necessary.
* Manage fee earner diaries using Microsoft Outlook to include client appointments, internal and external meetings, client and business lunches
* Good understanding of money laundering requirements and ability to complete money laundering documentation for client and matter opening, ensuring that correct documentation is obtained from the client
* File all hard copy and electronic documents, correspondence and documentation accurately and in a timely manner ensuring that there is no backlog.
* Ensuring that file structures are strictly maintained.
* Involvement in Billing and WIP management, assisting in the production of bills and liaising with the Finance Team to ensure correctness.
* Producing legal bundles, document organisation, indexing and assembly of files for checking with guidance by fee earner.
* Involvement in the production of PowerPoint presentations for tenders, business development and presentations using the firm's house style template.
* Assist with the preparation of marketing materials, liaising with the Marketing and Business Development Team for this purpose.
* Ensure that archiving is carried out on a monthly basis in accordance with Best Practice Guidelines.
* Assist fee earners with their credit control function, liaising with relevant central credit controllers to increase cash collection.
* General administration e.g. faxes, making up paper files and hangers, photocopying, binding, laminating, expense claims etc.
* Organise fee earner business travel and accommodation in line with the Firm's Travel Policy where required.
* Assist in developing relationships with internal clients and their assistants/secretaries.
* To actively assist others without the need for prompting.
* Willingness to take on additional roles to assist in the smooth running of the business.
* To support and offer guidance to other members of the secretarial team and work collaboratively with them to complete work to a high standard and required deadlines.
In additional all colleagues are required to:
* Act in a professional and responsible manner at all times
* Provide a client focused service and seek ways to exceed client expectations
* Work corporately for the whole Firm and to be positive ambassadors for the Firm.
* Actively promote, action and work within the policies, procedures, regulations and codes of conduct of the Firm.
* To work within and contribute to the achievement of the Firms business planning process
* To be committed to the principles of Investors in People and apply those principals in dealing with all members of the firm.
* To undertake such professional development and skills updating as required by the firm and/or required by the changing demands of their role
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
22 days ago
only 6 days until close