about 1 year ago
We have a new vacancy for the Housing department of our clients Manchester based firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Produce correspondence and legal documentation via audio and copy typing maintaining a high level of accuracy in accordance with Firm's House style and Best Practice Guidelines, proof reading and correcting the quality of your work without
* To respond to internal/external telephone queries, ensuring telephones are covered at all times. Ensuring that every telephone call is handled in a polite, efficient and professional manner presenting a professional and courteous image to clients and other parties. Monitoring telephone calls and voicemail facilities for fee earners in their absence, taking appropriate action where necessary.
* Manage fee earner diaries using Microsoft Outlook to include client appointments, internal and external meetings, client and business lunches
* Good understanding of money laundering requirements and ability to complete money laundering documentation for client and matter opening, ensuring that correct documentation is obtained from the client
* File all hard copy and electronic documents, correspondence and documentation accurately and in a timely manner ensuring that there is no backlog.
* Ensuring that file structures are strictly maintained.
* Involvement in Billing and WIP management, assisting in the production of bills and liaising with the Finance Team to ensure correctness.
* Producing legal bundles, document organisation, indexing and assembly of files for checking with guidance by fee earner.
* Involvement in the production of PowerPoint presentations for tenders, business development and presentations using the firm's house style template.
* Assist with the preparation of marketing materials, liaising with the Marketing and Business Development Team for this purpose.
* Ensure that archiving is carried out on a monthly basis in accordance with Best Practice Guidelines.
* Assist fee earners with their credit control function, liaising with relevant central credit controllers to increase cash collection.
* General administration e.g. faxes, making up paper files and hangers, photocopying, binding, laminating, expense claims etc.
* Organise fee earner business travel and accommodation in line with the Firm's Travel Policy where required.
* Assist in developing relationships with internal clients and their assistants/secretaries.
* To actively assist others without the need for prompting.
* Willingness to take on additional roles to assist in the smooth running of the business.
* To support and offer guidance to other members of the secretarial team and work collaboratively with them to complete work to a high standard and required deadlines.
In additional all colleagues are required to:
* Act in a professional and responsible manner at all times
* Provide a client focused service and seek ways to exceed client expectations
* Work corporately for the whole Firm and to be positive ambassadors for the Firm.
* Actively promote, action and work within the policies, procedures, regulations and codes of conduct of the Firm.
* To work within and contribute to the achievement of the Firms business planning process
* To be committed to the principles of Investors in People and apply those principals in dealing with all members of the firm.
* To undertake such professional development and skills updating as required by the firm and/or required by the changing demands of their role
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
17 days ago
only 11 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
11 days ago
only 10 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close