ROLE: Legal PA - Costs and Budgeting
SALARY: £19,000 - £23,000
HOURS: Full Time *8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday (negotiable)*
Competitive salary + training & development
A award winning Top 200 UK law firm that specialise in personal injury litigation is looking for Legal PA. Our client covers every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The Legal PA will work with the partner heading up the Costs and Budgeting Department. The partner also handles some complex personal injury cases and has a senior role in the Firm's management team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a legal secretary, ideally PA experience within personal injury and costs.
The Legal PA role will be busy and varied. Typical duties will include:
* Create and manage all job postings within a busy solicitors practice with focus on graduate recruitment
* To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
* To make appointments, arrange meetings and to manage the fee earner diaries
* To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
* To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with company procedure
* To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch if required.
* To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the admin assistant is not available to undertake the task.
* To requisition and make payments associated with department cases.
* To make telephone calls to the court barristers and legal opposition in connection with department hearings and also case progression.
* Monitor and action own and partner task list
* To perform any such task required by the Partner to support them in the efficient management of cases, including monitoring important dates/deadlines, autonomously producing chaser letters and chaser calls, dealing with routine incoming letters
* Creating and updating cases on Proclaim
* Provide ongoing support to team regarding policies and systems
* Produce agenda & minutes for meetings.
To be considered for this position it is important that you have demonstrable legal secretarial / legal PA experience within costs & personal injury. Ideally you will have : - knowledge of the Proclaim case management system, an audio typing speed of 65+ words per minute, experience of requisitioning of payments and understands how to read a client ledger.
Please contact me to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Leon Pierce | Recruitment Consultant
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment
The best number to reach me on today isExt 1040
Please contact Leon Pierce, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.