29 days ago
We are recruiting for a PA for the senior partner of a law firm in Manchester.
Workload will mainly comprise of Commercial Litigation including insolvency based work, professional negligence and construction litigation on a daily basis and debt collection and employment. Also, subject to the senior partner's caseload from time to time, undertaking Residential and Commercial Property work.
Duties will include,
* Undertaking paralegal work as requested such as drafting Court proceedings
* Disclosure Lists
* Cost Schedules
* Trial bundles and bundles for CMCS
* Statements and Instructions to Counsel.
* Backing Counsel at hearings and attending conferences with clients and Counsel.
* Undertaking highly confidential work (non client related matters)
* Attending internal meetings to take minutes.
* Dealing with personnel issues such as holiday cover, absence cover for support staff.
* Dealing with recruitment of support staff on a temporary and permanent basis to include placing advertisements and conducting interviews.
* Training of junior members of staff.
* Assisting other departments with secretarial duties as needs arise including personal injury, industrial disease, property, corporate and Probate and covering reception duties.
* Due to the size of this firm, substantial experience of working unsupervised in partner's absence and ensuring deadlines complied with as they arise in Court proceedings.
* All usual duties including audio typing, telephone calls with all necessary parties and other administration duties.
Must have excellent typing skills and be well organised
Must have some Commercial Litigation experience and understanding
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.