14 days ago
[Forward to a friend]
(9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our national Corporate team, which in 2015 was ranked joint first for volume of corporate deals in the UK and fifth in Europe, is led by a team of partners widely regarded as leaders in their field and who are regularly recommended by clients for their reputation, personalities and outstanding expertise.
Providing a full PA and secretarial service supporting Partners and Legal Advisors and, where required, cover any secretarial absences within the rest of the office where necessary. This role requires proactive thinking to support the needs of the Legal Advisor.
* Full diary management.
* Email management.
* Collation and sending out of client monthly reports.
* Preparation of draft emails and correspondence for approval.
* Typing reports, file notes and attendance notes.
* Complex document production and amendments
* Preparing enclosures ready for signing and sending out with the post.
* Opening and closing client files in line with corporate best practice.
* Undertaking all money laundering compliance on new client inception.
* Undertaking all conflict check compliance on new matter inception.
* Filing and eFiling of incoming and outgoing post and correspondence.
* Preparation of Expense claims.
* Cheque requisitions.
* Undertaking all client filing management and archiving tasks.
* Updating Interaction with client contact details.
* Liaising with clients mainly over the telephone.
* Organising meetings, travel arrangements etc.
* Travel booking for legal advisors
* Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries
Skills and qualifications
* Previous legal secretarial experience within Corporate or similar practice area
* Excellent document production skills in particular within word, updating complex documents
* Self motivated and able to work without supervision and to a high standard
* Excellent and accurate keyboard skills required, as you will be required to obtain typing speeds to a minimum of 60 wpm.
* Good working knowledge of various applications – word, outlook, digital dictation (powerpoint and excel helpful but not a necessity).
* Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
* Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure
* Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work
* A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
* Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
* Occasional ability to be flexible to meet the demands of the work
* Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
* Ability to work under pressure
* Good listening skills
* Able to integrate within a team as well as working on ones own initiative
* Work as part of a team ensuring telephones/lunch cover
* Ability to be pro-active and deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions