Due to continued expansion, Gorvins are looking for a Legal Cashier to work within their established accounts function, providing support to the Senior Cashier and the Accounts Manager in this fast-paced department.
Reporting in to the Accounts Manager, your role will be to assist the Senior Cashier and the Accounts Manager in providing an excellent service to both internal and external clients including responsibility for the successful completion of time-critical projects.
- Liaising with the firm's bank in connection with incoming and outgoing payments, liaising with the relevant fee earners and to post the same to relevant ledgers, ensuring monies are available when chaps payments are outgoing.
- Preparing daily office and client account banking.
- Issuing of cheques from both client and office accounts when requested.
- Purchase ledger.
- Issuing of petty cash monies as and when requested and to ensure sufficient monies are available at all times.
- Ensuring that all client to office transfers are carried out as and when required.
- Answering internal and external accounts queries.
- Posting all receipts to the appropriate computer ledgers on the same day.
- Checking of bills for most departments and to post the same, ensuring fee earners are allocated their relevant costs.
- Posting of facsimile and photocopying, Companies House and Land Registry charges to the correct ledgers on a daily basis.
- Assisting with month-end and any other duties as required by the Accounts Manager.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise own workload with minimum supervision.
- Work effectively under pressure and maintain attention to detail.
- Good time management with a flexible approach to work if necessary.
- Demonstrate persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Deliver a consistent output of work to the required standard.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving working practices and demonstrate support for company plans and policies.
- Ability to building and maintain working relationships with others and be seen as "approachable".
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Willingness to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Be able to to express oneself both verbally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Experience of working within a legal environment.
- Recent practical experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of computers, accounting software and the Microsoft suite of programmes.
- Good keyboard skills.
- Practical experience of handling enquiries both face to face and by telephone.