Full Time - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm - SOUTHPORT
Requirements – ILFM Qualification preferable but at least a thorough knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and AML Regulations required. Three years’ experience required.
In addition to the qualifications/experience listed above, the candidate should have: excellent analytical and financial skills with good attention to detail, excellent communication and relationship building skills, excellent IT skills, including Excel, ability to prioritise own workload and achieve deadlines and a commitment to delivering a professional service to the highest standards.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Client and Office account bank daily reconciliations
- Client and Office account bank monthly reconciliations
- Paying in of daily banking including ensuring fee earners have passed cheques to accounts within the required time.
- The processing of Client and Office accounting transactions including postings.
- The preparation of cheques
- The processing of bank transfers
- The control of Client deposit accounts
- The administration and reconciliation of petty cash
- The preparation of credit control advice
- The administration of the purchase ledger
- Financial management reporting as required
- The preparatory work for the annual accounts
- VAT administration and returns
- Administration of Office insurance
- Opening Client files on the accounting system
- Closing completed files on the accounts system as part of the archiving process
- Checking of conveyancing completion statements
- Checking of invoices
- Monitoring and referring aged balances on Client ledgers to fee earners for action