Lawson Conner UK is one of the leading alternative investment manager platforms and compliance service providers for the asset management and financial advisory industries in the UK and overseas.
Our clients are of institutional nature and range from specialised hedge fund managers to large asset management firms with well established track records, who utilise a broad array of investment strategies.
Based in the London office, the Legal Associate will be responsible for managing a variety of legal onboarding and launch activities of investment managers and investment funds. The function includes managing the document flow with numerous Bluechip counterparties and has exciting perspectives for growth within a fast moving organization.
- Manage the legal onboarding cycle of new investment managers and fund structures
- Support senior executives with reviews of fund documentation
- Manage KYC/due diligence requests from and for multiple Financial Institutions
- Liaise with external counsel on a variety of financial services legal topics
- Maintain, amend and compile draft legal templates for client reviews
- Assist in Corporate Secretarial work (drafting of board resolutions, share issuances etc)
- Good understanding of the alternative investment management industry
- Strong project management skills and the ability to drive processes towards resolution
- Good understanding of the interaction between legal documents involved in investment fund structures (PPM, IMA, Advisory-Agreements etc)
- Some understanding of general commercial agreements (Service Agreements, T&Cs, NDAs)
Qualifications and Experience
- Good university law degree, LLB
- 1-3 years within a legal department of a Financial Services firm or a law firm specialized in fund structuring and launches
- Strong Project Management skills and self-sufficient working style
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to engage proactively with senior management and colleagues at all levels.
- Client dedication and commitment to contribute to a fast growing company’s success
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning, fast growing organisation with a highly motivated and client focused team.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, benefits package and a bonus.
The company operates an HMRC approved employee share option scheme with significant benefits for qualifying members of staff.