6 months ago
Job Title: Legal Assistant – NIHL
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Slater Gordon Solutions are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join our Noise Induced Hearing Loss post settlement team based in our Liverpool office. The main aim of this role is to control NIHL Debt, process client payments, manage client and office account monies to ensure the practice achieves revenue and cash collection targets. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven office experience to join a leading Law firm.
Responsibilities to include;
• Performing post settlement activities on files – submitting client payments, client to office transfer requests, NYP requests, chasing TPI for unpaid bills, liaising with Compass on bill queries.
• Ensuring steps are run to correctly close files
• Allocating incoming Cheques
• Dealing with incoming emails and acting upon the same appropriately.
• Chasing relevant parties for required information in order to finalise the file
• To perform delegated tasks on files, including document and letter creation
• To comply with Lexcel and/or client service standards, client care and protocols.
• To demonstrate IT literacy by utilising a full range of internal and external systems inclusive of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Partner.
• To ensure that the appropriate communication methods are utilised to ensure case closure
• Ensuring that all information on a case is accurately and promptly entered onto the database
• To assist the NIHL Team, as and when required
• Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested
What we are looking for;
As a Legal Assistant you will be working in a busy team environment liaising with clients and colleagues so we require the following,
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to accurately record data information
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Computer literate
• A basic understanding of a NIHL department
• Administration skills are required
• Legal experience is desirable, especially post settlement experience but not essential
• Confident and good telephone manner
Who we are;
Slater and Gordon Limited is a leading consumer law firm in Australia and the United Kingdom. We employ 1,210 people in 54 locations across Australia and 3,130 people across 25 locations in the UK. Slater and Gordon’s mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas.
Founded in Australia in 1935 the company has grown from quite humble beginnings to building a powerful reputation throughout our history as a law firm that fights to achieve the best outcomes and ensure that more people are able to access affordable legal services.
What we offer in return;
In return we offer a positive and inviting work environment and the opportunity to develop your career with a leading International Law firm.
If you are interested in applying then please follow the online application process.