4 months ago
About the Role
To provide an efficient and effective legal & administrative support to the Clinical Negligence team, to ensure the department functions effectively and to enable the department to achieve its objectives. Duties will include:
Managing an administrative workload under the guidance of a fee earner
* Providing administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, audio-typing, filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management and dealing with post
* Drafting documents and bills, under supervision, using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
* Undertaking basic legal processes, under supervision, such as obtaining relevant documentation, arranging case meetings, arranging funding, liaising with the court, completing relevant forms and processing monies
* Providing administrative support for business development and marketing activities including booking facilities and refreshments, booking specialists, preparing presentation materials and associated marketing documentation
* Provide support for designated fee earners and act as a resource for the wider team, providing help where required
* Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security , data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
* Ensure adherence to all affiliations and standards connected to the department
* Previous experience in a legal administrative role perferably within a Clinical Negligence team
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs, A-C including English and Maths
* Legal qualifications are desirable
* Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage a busy workload
* Focused on delivering excellent client service
* Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
* Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
* Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
* Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
* Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
* Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it’s the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last three years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS